Maximum Discount iBVPN Coupon Code For – January, 2017
VPN or virtual private network, has become something of a byword as more and more people have grown aware of the dangers posed by the lack of online privacy. VPNs are also necessary if you are living in a country which restricts Internet access. Demand for VPN services have thus grown and one of the more popular ones is IBVPN, a Romanian based VPN. One of the first things that attract people to IBVPN is ts low price (which we will get to in the Pricing section). But is there anything else here besides the low cost that makes it stand out? As this review will show, there is indeed a lot here that privacy-conscious users will like.
Here is a quick rundown of the main features of IBVPN:
- High-quality servers.
- Support for Tor over VPN.
- Double VPN for extra privacy and security.
- Smart DNS service access.
- P2P support.
- Full support for VPN, IPsec, SoftEther, SSTP, PPTP and L2TP protocols.
- Opening an account gives you access to three connections at the same time.
- Socks5 proxies.
- There are browser plugins for Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome.
Keep in mind the features you get depends on the plan you purchase. The cheaper plans limit you to a single connection, and these r plans also limit your access to only specific servers. For instance, there are only 9 servers for the Torrent VPN and 44 for the Standard. Your access to Smart DNS also depends on which plan you choose. Note also that P2P is not permitted in the Standard Plan but is permissible with the Torrent Plan.
IBVPN Double VPN means you may chain its various VPN servers. This means routing your data to at least two VPN servers. So what will happen is your computer goes through VPN server 1 and then another.
Its Tor over VPN is one of its more interesting features. To use this feature you just hook up to an IBVPN server and access the Tor network. So you get onto IBVPN first the Tor and go on the Internet.
Its Smart DNS feature is not a security or privacy tool. Rather what it does is activate geo-spoofing. It does this by working out your DNS requests at a particular spot. This is one tool that you can use to view content that is geo-blocked.
IBVPN has servers in 47 countries including the US, Canada, Hong Kong, Argentina, the UK, Germany, France, Vietnam, South Africa, Korea, Israel, Austria and many more. Server speeds will vary of course, but overall the speed and performance are very good and consistent.
IBVPN automatically connects you to the fastest server available so there is minimal effect on speed and Internet browsing. The IBVPN website also provides an updated database of its servers.
Its server database provides you with the location for each server as well as its ID, status, torrent/P2P usage, static or dynamic IPs, the number of users on the server and bandwidth usage. You will also be able to see at a glance which server is available for what plan. The plans are also presented clearly so the first time users won’t be confused.
IBVPN provides consistent performance using its different servers. Some servers are faster than others. The trick is to pick one that is the closest to your country as it will be the quickest. If you choose one that is near your location, there will be fewer instances of disconnection.
The double VPN provides extra security as promised. However, this leads to a slowdown in speed. As you may already know, most VPN services slow download and upload speeds because data moves in a different route. This becomes even more apparent with a double VPN.
Apart from providing reliable speed, IBVPN also excels in security protection. You will no longer be vulnerable to DNS or Web RTC leaks. It also does not have any IPv6 leaks. Once you are connected to one of its servers you’ll be able to browse and use the Internet just like always. Unlike other VPN services, it will play Netflix without a hitch.
It’s no secret that a lot of VPN services don’t play Netflix, so it’s nice to see that lets you watch Netflix as well as the BBC iPlayer. The other IBVPN apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS all work well and easy to use. The Mac app, in particular, has speed connect feature so you can get on faster.
The Android app runs smoothly and still easy to use. It runs on Open VPN and while it does not have a kill switch, it has a clean interface. Like the other apps, it does not have any IP or DNS leaks.
Its Smart DNS function works as well as advertised: no decryption or encryption needed here as the translation is quick. There are no buffering problems so streaming is smooth and reliable. Smart DNS is easy to set up and better yet, you can configure it for any device that uses the Internet. If your smart TV or video game console is compatible with VPN you can configure it as such. The extensions function properly and do a good job of preventing a DNS leak.
To summarize the performance of the IBVPN:
- Its servers are varied and provide a lot of options for the user. Speed is relatively consistent and can be dependent upon.
- There is no user logging here. Anything you do, any website you visit will not be recorded.
- You get full customer support no matter what plan you choose.
- The plans that provide P2P and torrent support perform very well. Downloading is quick and it streams Netflix smoothly.
- Its mobile apps run smoothly and work for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- Its support for Tor over VPN is one of the best in the field.
Privacy and Security:
As was pointed out, it’s easy to use to use IBVPN for Tor. It is also secure and routes data from their encrypted tunnel into Tor so your connection is private and secure while on the network. If you don’t want to use the Tor browser then this is worth a look. But Tor slows down browsing, and it’s going to have the same effect if you use IBVPN. However, the slowdown may not matter much if you’ve got a fast Internet connection.
The other security and privacy features on IBVPN are also pretty good. At the top of the list is it does not log any information. The company is based in Romania, which disapproved of the EU Data Retention Directive. This alone shows that IBVPN will not compromise your privacy under any circumstances.
The security on IBVPN is also top notch. Your connection is secured by RSA-2048 HMAC SHA384 hash authentication and AES-256 cipher. You will also avail of Perfect Forward security via its Diffie-Hellman Exchange Keys. These are the same encryption keys used by top VPN services and that should give you an indication of how seriously it takes security.
Its website also provides some information about IBVPN as well as the type of security they offer. It does not have as much technical info as other sites, but at least they are comprehensible and easy to follow.
IBVPN is one of the more affordable VPN services, and they offer a wide range of plans to suit different users.
- The Ultimate VPN Plan costs $58 a year or $10.95 monthly. If you buy an annual subscription the cost is $4.83 monthly.
- The Standard VPN Plan costs $1.53 a month.
- The Torrent VPN costs $3.08 a month, same as the Smart DNS plan.
IBVPN also comes with a business plan. It is just like the Ultimate VPN Plan but you are allowed extra connections. The cost starts at $13.95 a month or $8.92 if annually paid, for which you get 5 simultaneous connections. If you need 20 connections at the same time, you have to pay $44.95 a month ($33 if annually paid).
A 6-hour free trial is available so you can check out their services and if it’s worth buying or not. This 6-hour trial allows you to use the Ultimate VPN Plan. In addition, there is a 15-day money back guarantee.
If you decide to buy one of the plans, IBVPN offers a number of payment options including Perfect Money, Western Union, WebMoney, PayPal and credit cards. After payment has been processed you can proceed and use IBVPN.
Here is what you get with each plan:
- Standard Plan: 1 connection, Open VPN, L2TP, PPTP, SSTP, SoftEther, IPsec, NAT Firewall, no limit bandwidth, 100 servers
- Ultimate VPN Plan: all the features in the Standard Plan plus 180+ servers, browser extensions, double VPN, Tor over VPN, socks5 proxies, 5 connections
- Torrent VPN: high-speed connection, 1 connection, 21 servers torrents/P2P, Socks5 proxies, the NAT firewall and the same VPN protocol as the ones above
- IBDNS Plan: turbo speed connection, 300 channel unblocking, 1 single connection, no limit bandwidth, browser extensions
All plans come with customer support and apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.
So which plan is ideal? The choice is something only you can make. As a general guide though:
- The Ultimate VPN Plan is for heavy streaming, p2p, torrents, accessing banned websites and for maximum security and privacy. If you want the whole package, this is the plan to get.
- The Standard Plan is for regular use, protecting your privacy and getting into banned websites. It is also for streaming and those who just want VPN with no proxy or Smart DNS.
- The Torrent VPN Plan is for those who need torrent download protection. The emphasis is safeguarding your privacy as you download torrent files. It does not come with a proxy or Smart DNS.
- The IBDNS Plan is the package for lots of streaming, going to banned websites and for those who want Smart DNS and proxy.
- Absolutely no logs.
- Has servers in many countries.
- Well designed Smart DNS service.
- Windows client crashes sometimes.
- Website interface looks crowded.
IBVPN provides email and chat support for customers. If there is a problem you just leave them an email and they will get back to you. There is also the FAQ which should prove useful if you encounter some problems with the VPN. A knowledge base provides a lot of info and could have the answer you are looking for.
The IBVPN website also has a forum where other IBVPN posters can interact. If there is something wrong with IBVPN or there is a feature you do not understand, you can post the question in the forum and will likely give an answer. Even just reading the questions and answers here will definitely help.
The live chat support is available 24/7, and it has a blog where you can read about their latest promos and features. Both chat and email support have gotten positive feedback from customers. And if that is not enough, there is also an offer to set up an appointment for the support team’s remote assistance. This is the kind of support you rarely find in other VPN service providers.
One of the most common – and dangerous – misconceptions about hacking and selling of private data is assuming it won’t happen to you. Never assume that it only happens to journalists or to dissidents because it can happen to anyone. As it is, the more people use the web the more prone they are to online attacks. This is where you’re going to need a quality VPN service provider like IBVPN.
IBVPN is not perfect, but there is plenty here to like. It is not only packed with a lot of features but is also one of the most affordable. When it comes to performance and dependability, IBVPN is one that you can turn to.