Maximum Discount ExpressVPN Coupon Code For – April, 2018
It’s true that you need a virtual private network these days to maintain some modicum of privacy for your online activities. It’s important if you don’t want to be bothered by hackers and scammers, irate copyright holders, or by websites who decide the kind of content you can see depending on your location. It’s also imperative for secure online banking.
So yes, you do need a VPN. But is ExpressVPN the VPN you really need? There are plenty of other VPNs in the industry.
Once you’ve installed ExpressVPN, you’ll have a very polished desktop app that’s very well-designed. You can just launch the app, and then you can press the honking huge button to connect. It will choose the most suitable server for your Internet connection, though you can select your location city. You just can’t pick the specific server.
With this VPN, you can enjoy content from various websites that may be blocked some parts of the world. These sites include Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Spotify, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, HBO Go, and a whole lot more. It can unblock chat apps like Viber and WhatsApp. Gmail, Twitter, Google Search, and Tinder can be unblocked as well.
ExpressVPN also comes with a built-in Speed Test feature. This lets you determine the fastest VPN server location for your needs.
Another feature that’s available is VPN split tunneling, which allows you to route some of the traffic through the VPN while you also have apps and devices that maintain a direct connection to the Internet. This solves some potential problems with running all your traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel. You may not be able to access local and foreign web services simultaneously. You can use up your bandwidth. Your VPN connection may also keep you from accessing LAN devices. With spilled tunneling, these problems are averted.
ExpressVPN doesn’t specify the number of servers it has. One may have to assume that there aren’t all that many of them since VPN services like to brag about their number of servers if they have more than a thousand of them.
On the other hand, they do have servers in at least 145 cities in 94 countries. That’s a lot. This includes servers in 15 cities in just the US alone.
There’s no need (and no way, apparently) for you to pick the particular server you want. Instead, they have the Smart Location feature that will automatically pick the server location that’s supposed to be the best for you. The algorithm uses metrics such as the download speed, latency, and distance to determine which server best suits your circumstances.
It’s no secret that a VPN service can slow down your Internet connection speed. That’s very evident with ExpressVPN. Ping rates drop only slightly so gaming doesn’t suffer at all, and even your upload speed isn’t all that affected as a speed of 13 Mbps can drop to about 9.3 Mbps with VPN.
However, with VPN the download sped reduction is quite alarming. If you have a download speed of 250 Mbps, with VPN that can drop to less than 45 Mbps. That’s more than 80% reduction in download speed. In other words, a file that you needed 12 minutes to download would now require an hour of download time to complete with VPN.
If you’re lucky, the reduction of the download speed is just by 32%. While that’s not as bad as 80%, that’s still very slow.
Security & Privacy:
The security of ExpressVPN starts with its use of 256-bit AES encryption. Basically, this is the standard encryption that’s trusted by security experts worldwide.
They also don’t log any sort of traffic data, including DNS queries and anything else that may help identify you online.
ISP logging isn’t as irrelevant you might think since there’s a law called the Stored Communications Act that enables the US government to take a look at your Internet activity. The law states that if your ISP logs customer data (and most of them do in the US), then the US government can access that data.
ISPs can also track your personal info and then profit by it by selling targeted ads. Copyright holders may also use this data to check if you have violated copyright laws by illegally downloading movies, TV shows, and mp3s.
With this service, you can change your IP address with no problem. It runs its own private encrypted DNS on their every server, so you can get faster yet safer connections. It can choose the VPN protocol that’s best for your network, though you can manually pick the protocol you want if you know what you’re doing.
Then the first step in getting ExpressVPN is to choose the payment plan. If you want to enlist on a per-month basis, the fee is $12.95 per month. That’s very steep, but the price does go down to about $9.99 a month if you pay $59.95 in advance for 6 months of service. For a full year, it will cost you a total of $99.95 which reduces the monthly fee even further to $8.32 a month.
Once you choose the plan and submit your email, you can then pick the method in which you’ll pay for the service. You can pay by credit card, or by PayPal or Bitcoin. There are other payment platforms accommodated, including WebMoney, Fana Pay, Mint, Interac, Giro Pay, UnionPay, and Sofort Banking.
It does provide you with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If within that 30-day window you decide that it’s not for you, you can get your full refund. It’s not like other VPN services that only offer a 7-day trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee if there’s something wrong. With ExpressVPN, you can get a refund just because you don’t like it.
You can also refer friends, and each new signup can get you an extra 30 days of free VPN service.
ExpressVPN Discount Coupon:
To be honest and frankly speaking there’s no coupon field in the checkout process where you can enter the coupon in order to get discount. So there’s no expressvpn coupon code exist at all. If you compare them to other vpn providers; there pricing is quite fair and affordable too. You can currently Save 35% on the 12-months plan including a 30 Day money back guarantee as well.
Fans of ExpressVPN point out a number of advantages that they can enjoy.
- First off, ExpressVPN has a specific app for many types of different devices. There’s an app for Windows, Mac, and Linux. There’s an app for Android devices and iOS devices, as well as a specific app for an iPhone and an iPad. There’s even a VPN app for a Blackberry! In addition, there’s an app for your router too.
- They also allow you to use BitTorrent and P2P on all their servers. There are also no limits on how much you use these services so you can download as much content as you desire.
- They’re headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, which doesn’t have any laws on data retention. ExpressVPN has a strict no-log policy and it simply cannot match its users to any IP addresses. It’s been designed that way to assure users of their anonymity.
- The geographic locations of the servers are also excellent. Many VPNs don’t have servers in countries like China, Russia, and Turkey. These are countries where the governments tend to be a tad repressive when it comes to Internet controls. But ExpressVPN has servers in these countries nonetheless.
- The number of countries which does have ExpressVPN servers is quite remarkable too. It has servers in 94 countries, and the next VPN service that comes closest has servers in just 60 countries. This means you have more options and you can connect to a server in a country not may not be covered by another VPN.
- They do have the kill switch feature, which they call Network Lock. It’s enabled by default. While you can choose to switch it off, that’s not exactly recommended.
- They also offer their own DNS service. That’s a great security measure since scammers can monitor DNS requests. These are unencrypted, and they can be used to track you across the Internet.
- The customer support is fantastic. You get the answers you need, and you don’t need to wait days before they get back to you. The FAQs and tutorials are also topnotch and it can offer insights on what you can do on your own without any hand-holding from customer support.
However, in many ways, ExpressVPN falls just a bit short when compared to other competing VPN services.
- It only supports up to 3 devices at once. That’s only very few, and other VPN services offer support for at least 5 devices at the same time.
- The download sped reduction is quite alarming, even with just a slowdown of 32%. That’s actually pretty bad, and it can be problematic with certain types of HD streaming. That can lead to buffering that can severely reduce the quality of the viewing experience.
- There’s no way to pick a particular server, and you don’t even know just how many servers there are. There aren’t any special types of servers that have been set up for specific tasks, such as for streaming or for P2P activities. Servers are basically all the same.
- There’s no option for a dedicated IP address that only you can use. Sometimes a dedicated IP address is required before you can get into a particular network.
- It also very expensive. The features you see here aren’t all that unique, and that’s especially true of the security features. Yet the price even at the cheapest and longest plan costs $8.32 a month. That’s a fortune considering that other VPNs with more advanced features offer prices that can go down to less than $4 a month.
First off, the ExpressVPN site does have a fairly comprehensive FAQ page that probably features the questions you want to ask. From there you can get the answers you’re looking for, in plain English, that’s remarkably free of jargon.
From there, you can dive into the step by step VPN setup guides which can tell you how to install the VPN on to all your devices. You’ve got instructions for Windows, Mac, Linux, as well as iOS and Android. What’s more, you can also install this on a Kindle Fire, Chromebook, Apple TV, PlayStation, and even on routers.
If you have some trouble along the way, the ExpressVPN site also offers a troubleshooting guide. Whether you have connection problems blocked websites, the guide can offer you an organized way to determine and solve the problem.
If that still doesn’t work, you can contact the customer support. You can email them directly or you can send in the contact form with your question. You’ll get a response within a few hours. There’s also a live chat feature, and this gives you an instantaneous reply.
You can also read the blog, which can explain several key VPN concepts that can expand your understanding of how VPN works.
All in all, it’s not really a bad VPN service. It’s fairly reliable, and its security features are quite standard. It will give you the anonymity you seek, and you can, therefore, access content that may not be normally available for your location.
It’s great that it has servers in so many locations and countries around the world. It can offer connections to servers in countries that aren’t covered by other competing VPN services.
It’s also very easy to use. With the various guides along with the rather well-organized design, you can work with it with no problem whatsoever. You also have different apps designed for different types of devices and the setups for them aren’t all that complicated.
However, it is extremely expensive. This price may be a bit too much, especially when you take in the rather disquieting reduction in download speed when the VPN is activated. The drastic slowdown is quite hard to take when you consider how much you’re paying for this privilege.
The bottom line is that ExpressVPN isn’t bad, but you do have better options. You can find other VPNs with more advanced security features, more servers, and faster speeds, and their prices are probably lower too.